Permission letter is a widely used letter and it serves as both formal business document and informal family letter. When writing a permission letter, you ask for a person to grand you an authority to do something or take decisions on his behalf or as a reply to a previous letter, you write this letter to accept his request and grant him the permission he wants. As it’s a routine process in an organization or a business that different departments or employees take decision or big steps in order to continue the working of the company, they don’t always know if they have the needed authority or if the person at the other end will accept their permission regarding a specific situation, these employees write permission letters to their seniors or head office to make sure if they have the right and power to take a step at their own and if the other party will accept their signatures on official documents.
Other than these business firms, there are a lot of other people who use permission letters. For example school authorities use a permission letter to inform the parents that their son or girl wants to go to a trip and they are asked to grant the permission if the school is allowed to take them or not or when an art gallery sends you a letter to tell you that someone is interested in your painting or other piece of art and if the gallery is allowed to sell that item. Where in the return you write them if they have your permission or not. When it comes to relationships, a friend can ask you to permit him to submit your documents on your behalf for a contest or competition or something like that if you are not in town but soon will be.
How to Write a Permission Letter:
- As this is a very formal and official document, it’s important that you only use a proper company letterhead to send out this permission letter and you better compose it on computer instead of writing it by hand.
- Offices receive thousands of letters on daily basis so you better put a subject in the very beginning to clear the main purpose of writing this letter or some idiot may think it as a spam and through it without reading properly.
- The key ingredient of this letter is to get permission of someone and it’s better if it comes from the right person otherwise it can create a big mess so address to the proper person with him full name and department address.
- After that state the key purpose of writing the letter and if it’s possible, make points to make it more clear and easy to process.
- As you are asking for permission to do something, it’s necessary to add a little about how that person can contact you which means a proper explanation and your full contact information.
- At the end, just add a little note about how many days that person has before giving the permission such as two days after the letter has received.
- If it’s possible, always follow-up the letter by sending out a verification letter or phone call to make sure that they have received your letter and there is no misunderstanding in the whole process.
Here is preview of this free Sample Permission Letter created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Permission Letter,